One component of The Bee that really speaks to our tag line of “gathering with purpose” is our desire to connect with the broader community.
Our current Community Connection project is making play quilts for first-time moms enrolled in Family First Health’s Nurse-Family Partnership program. Mothers offer suggestions for colors and themes, and may write a message to their child for us to incorporate into the design of the quilt.
If you’re interested in getting involved, email email@example.com, show up at one of our Buzz Ins (third Wednesday of each month), or check our Facebook page for news on other times we’ll be gathering to work on the quilts. Current and past participants of the program are being invited to join us, too.
Some of The Bee’s past Community Connection projects have included,
- an original design queen-size quilt auctioned to benefit Bell Family Shelter,
- table runners for the Farm to City Street Dinner,
- gift certificates and donations to silent auctions benefiting the York County Heritage Trust, the York County Literacy Council, Girl Scouts, and others.
Non-profit organizations in the greater York area are invited to contact us to discuss the possibility of The Bee creating an item for them to auction at an event or for smaller items to fulfill a specific need of their group.
Commissioned pieces have also been made by members of The Bee , including,
- signature tote bags for York City Boutique Week,
- a three-panel tee-shirt quilt back drop for Kable House Presents concert series,
- custom totes for Kable House Presents, and
- Grand Marshal sashes for FoodStruck, and
- one-of-a-kind refashioned dress for the annual Boutique Week Fashion Show, designed to promote the York County Heritage Trust’s Oyster Festival.